[vtkusers] forward projection, vtkDividingCubes and vtkGaussianSplatter problems

Zeger Knops zfknops at students.cs.uu.nl
Fri Jun 9 06:18:38 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm writing example programs for students so they can get the feeling of the algorithms they have to learn for the exam. But when I tried to create an example for splatting I gut stuck, same thing for the forward and back to front example and also for the vtkDividingCubes (which as in the orginal algorithm should stop dividing when the subvoxel size is pixel size).
Any solutions?

Zeger Knops
Student applied medical computer science
University Of Utrecht
zfknops at cs.uu.nl
  Hello Zeger,

  What are you trying to do? If you are trying to render a volume, you can use vtkVolumeRayCastMapper or vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D. Or, if you have a VolumePro board from RTViz, you can use the vtkVolumeProMapper. The vtkGaussianSplatter is not an implementation of splatting for volume rendering.

  Lisa