[vtkusers] Problem executing a VTK python script on a win98 machine

Andrew Uplinger a_uplinger at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 22 10:47:36 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm very new to using python, so please pardon my ignorance.  I have installed python 1.5.2 and have installed vtk3.1 (from the cd) with all the bells and whistles on a Win98 machine.  I am able to get non-VTK python scripts to work ok.  I tried to run the Cone.py script from the installation, and I receive the error messages listed below.  I feel like I'm missing something very obvious.  Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

>>> Traceback (innermost last):

File "C:\Program Files\Python\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 239, in RunScript

exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__

File "C:\PROGRA~1\VTK31\PYTHON\Cone.py", line 8, in ?

from libVTKCommonPython import *

File "C:\PROGRA~1\VTK31\PYTHON\libVTKCommonPython.py", line 7, in ?

from vtkpython import *

ImportError: DLL load failed: A device attached to the system is not functioning.