[vtkusers] Checking on whether or not a bug in vtkTriangleFilter has been fixed...

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 05:54:48 EDT 2000

Renny, Will,

I didn't see this reply until after posting my experiances...

>However, it is not being correctly
>computed on more complex polygons, and if I fix it, it breaks many
regression tests.

<Ahem....cough cough...> Shouldn't the correct implementation come before
the regression tests? (He says, knowing how much work is involved in fixing
them)

>there have been recent reports in the literature of very fast
triangulation routines which I would like
>to see replace the current routine. I'd guess a week of full time work
would do it. If you'd like to make
>a go at it, let me know, I can work with you.

Do you have a reference? I'd like to read, I may even be able to knock up
an implementation if it's not too hard :)

JB