[vtkusers] Checking on whether or not a bug in vtkTriangleFilter has been fixed...

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Jul 10 11:51:19 EDT 2000

Hi Renny -

The problem boils down to this: the triangulation routine depends on the correct polygon normal
being computed (code outside of the triangulation routine). However, it is not being correctly
computed on more complex polygons, and if I fix it, it breaks many regression tests. Furthermore,
there have been recent reports in the literature of very fast triangulation routines which I would like
to see replace the current routine. I'd guess a week of full time work would do it. If you'd like to make
a go at it, let me know, I can work with you.

Will