[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataWriter Problem with Borland C++ Builder 5.0

Sedat DOGAN2 d_sedat at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 28 20:32:10 EDT 2000

Dear Friends,
I have a problem with vtkPolyDataWriter.
I use Borland C++ Builder 5.0 with VTK.
When I use vtkPolyDataReader, I don't have any problem.It works well.
BUT, when I want to write a poligonal data to a file, with vtkPolyDataWriter, I have a message like that" Can't find, vtkPolyDataSource.cpp" and the compiler asks me to write the correct path for this cpp file. On the other hand, I know that, in vtk, istead of cpp files, cxx files are being used. So, I write the path" c:\vtknightly\common\vtkPolyDataSource.cxx" and click ok. Then an exception error occurs and the program is being terminated.
Please is there anyone who can tell me how to solve this problem?
I use VTK 3.2 nightly version with BCB 5.0.
My code is like below:

 vtkPolyDataWriter *pWriter=vtkPolyDataWriter::New();
       pWriter->SetInput(surContour->GetOutput());      //   Here, surContour is an object of vtkContourFilter.
       pWriter->SetFileName("c:\\vtkprojelerim\\vtkdata\\brain.vtk");
       pWriter->SetFileTypeToASCII();
       pWriter->Write();