Applying vtkCubeAxesActor2D to dataset with scaled actor

Vetle Roeim vetler at ifi.uio.no
Fri Jan 28 07:51:02 EST 2000

I hope you can help me with a small problem (or rather an annoyance).
Apply a vtkCubeAxesActor2D to a dataset with a scaled actor does not give
me the result I want.

Because the vtkCubeAxesActor2D depends on the dataset, scaling the actor
associated with the dataset does not affect the vtkCubeAxesActor2D. Of
course, this is expected, but it makes the vtkCubeAxesActor2D more or less
useless, because it is not out of scale with the dataset (and vtkActor2D
does not have a SetScale() method).

For an example of what I'm talking about, see
<URL:http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~vetler/tmp/>

I have looked into two methods to solve this problem:

 * scaling the dataset is not a good idea, because it makes the
  information given back from the vtkCubeAxesActor2D useless (unless it is
  possible to somehow scale those values)

 * setting the bounds of the vtkCubeAxesActor2D using SetBounds() does not
   work, as the actor gets its bounds from the dataset.

So my question is; is there an easy way to get the result I want, without
having to hack the sourcecode of vtkCubeAxesActor2D?

--
Vetle Roeim
Graduate Student