reading siemens CT from an MO drive

fmri fmri at wilma.ukbf.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 26 05:32:59 EST 2000

Robert,

I feel this is a very helpful posting providing lots of technical background one
is only able to acquire through painful personal experience otherwise.
As lots of medical imaging data (partly due to medicolegal aspects as well) is
stored on MOD companies like Siemens are really a pain in the ass.
Your posting also seems to explain why I often get a "Drive not ready"/ "Unknown
Device" etc. message by Windoze No Title when inserting a MO from a Siemens
machine when the medium used to be perfectly sane when reading it in the scanner.

As one uses those expensive MOs for longterm storage of sensitive data the
paradoxon of not being able to read it later on is even aggravated. Medical
imaging professionals should point out these and other cost increasing rubbish
when it comes to buying the next scannner at the hospital/university ...

Arno