reading siemens CT from an MO drive

fmri fmri at wilma.ukbf.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 24 05:42:25 EST 2000

Jan,

we experienced the same problem using Pioneer drives (the same which are built
into the Somatotom 4 plus at the Free University of Berlin Hospitals). The vendor
asserted that they can be read "without any problems" under NT and UNIX. When
trying to access the MO under either OS the file system seems not to be
recognized (I could not even format it/create a filesystem on it). We contacted
Pioneer Germany and obtained the information that there once used to be a driver
at least for NT. Unfortunately, nobody at Pioneer seems to be able to supply us
with the driver. As You might know Siemens is using the odd 650 MB WORMs, which
are shamefully overpriced and frankly outdated (You can get at least 2.1GB
Fujitsu drives for the same money and the media also cost less). So if i nedd to
access data on one of these MODs I still go directly to the CT scanner, insert
the drive and transfer the data to one of the servers of the hospital network,
from which I can access it then using any station with a FTP client ...

Arno