[vtkusers] Decimate

feigee at us.sina.com feigee at us.sina.com
Fri Dec 22 03:04:08 EST 2000

Hi,

I have a dense mesh, but fairly regular (quads splitted into triangles).  I tried to use Decimate (not DecimatePro) to reduce the mesh.  However, it kept showing this message when executing it...

Warning: in vtkDecimate.cxx, line 578
  vtkDecimate (0x10404000): Exceeded maximum vertex degree

and the resulting mesh, well, as the warning indicated, has a lot of cells sharing one vertex.  Is there any way to avoid that by using some of the methods to set the parameters?

At the same time, is Decimate class a PATENTED one, or only DecimatePro is patented?

I also tried to use quadraticDecimate, but could not find it in 3.1.2, is it something new for upcoming 3.2?

Thanks.

Alan