[vtkusers] Appending multiple struct point files with vectors

Robert Belleman robbel at wins.uva.nl
Thu Dec 21 12:11:23 EST 2000

Dear all,

I have the feeling I'm overlooking something. Perhaps it's the season,
but I can't find the obvious answer to the following question.

I have a parallel (MPI) program that generates 'n' structured points
files containing a scalar and a vector section for the domain that
is calculated for each of the 'n' processes. The different files
contain an Origin so that all sets appended together form the complete
domain.

I wanted to visualize the data using a pipeline with as many
vtkStructuredPointsReader as I had processes (and thus files), append
them together and treat the data as one big set for the remainder of
the pipeline.

I was using vtkImageAppend to append the different section together, but
this filter doesn't pass vector data. Otherwise, vtkAppendFilter doesn't
produce structured points, so that's also not what I'm looking for.

What other method should I use to append the different datasets into
one vtkStructuredPoints dataset and retain the vector data?

Thanks,
and happy holidays,
-- Rob

[] Robert Belleman         X  Section Computational Science            []
[] robbel at wins.uva.nl     |X| University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands []
[] tel: (+31) 20 525 7510  X  http://www.wins.uva.nl/~robbel/          []