[vtkusers] Accelerate clipping?

Dimitris Agrafiotis d.agrafiotis at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Dec 11 09:23:37 EST 2000

Dear all

I am using the implicit function of a sphere to clip a polygonal
dataset (300,000 triangles)in order to get the triangles outside the
sphere. However cliiping seems to take a long time. From what I've seen
in the code the implicit function has to be evaluated for all the points
in the dataset. My question is:

is there anyway to break the dataset in pieces, determine which pieces
the sphere intersect and the use this as input to the clipping
procedure, and if yes would that be any faster?

Also is there any other faster way to clip the data against a sphere (
maybe selection loop ....).

Thanks in advance.

Dimitris