[vtkusers] New vtk debs based on CVS source: some comments.

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Fri Dec 1 12:52:29 EST 2000

Hi Dan,

It would be wonderful if the .spec file was in the vtk CVS, and
the nightly RPM builds copied it from there.

Me & Prabhu would also like to change the default install prefix
to /usr instead of /usr/local if nobody has objections.  From my
perspective, I like to reserve /usr/local for user-managed
packages (e.g. to make it easy to copy /usr/local from one
machine to another, or to have it a shared network directory).
Nearly all RPMs, including third-party RPMs, install to /usr.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group