[vtkusers] VTK + Tcl 8.3.0 + Itcl 3.1.0 (NT)

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-vtk at barre.nom.fr
Wed Aug 30 06:08:34 EDT 2000

Hi

For these that are just wondering, VTK works fine with Tcl 8.3.0 (Windows NT).

I've been able to compile from the source the following package : VTK 3.1.2
(CVS) + Tcl/Tk 8.3.0 + Itcl 3.1.0. No problem (except the usual
tkWinChildProc, easy to solve).

Itcl 3.1.0 won't work with 8.3.1.

Tcl/Tk 8.3.2 seems to be really broken if you build it from source.

The big advantage of 8.3.0 over 8.2.x is that the DashPath, Img patch and
so on have been included. Thus the ''image' support and the canvas
functions are better (and fastest). Furthermore, canvas might be exported
as PostScript, including images (indeed, in the 8.3.1 release, but I made a
patch for the Itcl users that have to keep with 8.3.0).