[vtkusers] On redirecting opengl rendering list data to generate Enhanced Meta Files.

Louis le Grange louis at softflo.com
Thu Aug 24 10:55:39 EDT 2000

Dear VTK users

I would like to intercept the plotting data (line, polygon data, etc.) in
order to redirect them into generating for instance an enhance metafile. VTK
would somewhere generate these lists and fill them with the line/polygone
data, e.g.

	glBegin(GL_POLYGON);	// back
		//glNormal3d(0.0, 0.0, 1.0);
		glVertex3f(coords[4].x, coords[4].y, coords[4].z);
		glVertex3f(coords[5].x, coords[5].y, coords[5].z);
		glVertex3f(coords[6].x, coords[6].y, coords[6].z);
		glVertex3f(coords[7].x, coords[7].y, coords[7].z);
	glEnd();

I would like to get these data from the rendering lists in order to direct
them to a EMF HDC handle(, and in the process generate a high quality
picture).

Is there some place in the VTK source where one can do this elegantly, where
one can obtain the data from the OpenGl lists?

Thanks in advance, Louis