[vtkusers] z-buffer issues?

Sarah Graham sarah at cs.jhu.edu
Thu Aug 10 18:02:26 EDT 2000

I am rendering a scene with 3 actors - 2 of which display collections of
small spherical markers and 1 of which is a plane textured with video.  I
do an initial rendering and then enter a loop where the spheres are moved
based on positioning data.

The spherical markers appear to be fine in the initial rendering. However,
they disappear once the iterative loop begins.  You can see faint outlines
of the spheres on the screen, but they basically disappear.

I set clipping planes that seem valid.  I checked the camera position.  It
seems that all is fine b/c the model is actually rendered (though only
briefly).

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Many thanks,
-sarah

Sarah Graham
Johns Hopkins University