[vtkusers] RE: vtkPropPicker not picking

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Thu Aug 10 17:05:47 EDT 2000

nVidia's drivers evolve as fast as their GPUs  :-)
So far I've only glanced at some results from Intergraph's
"3D ExerciZer" OpenGL demo -- swapping the May-2000 driver
that came with my GeForce2 card, with nVidia (beta) 5.32
detonator drivers raised "3D ExerciZer" frame rates by:

Texture Stress:     40%-55%
Light Stress:       8%
Processor Stress:  -2%
Polygon Stress:     23%-29%

Then there is the evidence that the GeForce cards are Quadras
with two resistors changed...  the Quadras have all the high-end
CAD OpenGL features turned on -- AA lines, advanced clipping,
and I guess a different implementation of hardware picking?