[vtkusers] Incorporating MPI_BroadCast

Naveen Kumar Polapally naveenpkumar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 10 14:15:26 EDT 2000

hi,

I was trying to incorporate MPI_Broadcast into vtkMPIController, I tried
some thing very similar to Send method.I recompiled vtk and the test program
  also compiles but when i run it  I get an error

ERROR: In vtkImageData.cxx, line 1298
vtkImageData (0x80b4288): Attempt to allocate scalars before scalar type was
set!.

p0_16883:  p4_error: interrupt SIGSEGV: 11
bm_list_16884:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2
rm_l_1_20797:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2
p1_20796:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2

and it hangs, when i got this error before I had to update before sending
the data,but in this case I can't find out what.So has some one tried
putting MPI_Broadcast into vtkMPIcontroller.

thanks,

naveen.