[vtkusers] Xlib: extension "GLX" missing

Marco Petrone m.petrone at cineca.it
Thu Aug 10 12:20:52 EDT 2000

Richard Goldberg wrote:

> When I run "vtk", the vtk window pops up, but I get this error on the
> command line
>         NV: could not open control device /dev/nvidiactl, errno=2

I had a similar problem trying to install nvidia drivers for xfree4.0 (v. 0.94), and it was due
to an error during installation of one of the two RPM packages: it wasn't able to create that
device. I solved installing the equivalent src package and running the install script from the
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCE/... directory.

Marco.