[vtkusers] Exceed problem

Anqing Xu anqing at memcad.com
Wed Aug 9 12:21:31 EDT 2000

Hello, everyone,

This is my first email to this mailing list. I just downloaded and
installed VTK on both
my SUN and NT machine.  I use a NT as my working machine and at the same
time
use Exceed to open a Unix session on the same NT.  The problem is when I
started a
VTK program such as the VisQuad example under ../graphics/examplesCxx on
SUN and tried
to displayed it on my NT machine, it complained:

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display "philsner:0.0",
ERROR: In vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 182
vtkOpenGLRenderWindow: Could not find a decent visual.

Did anybody have the same problem before?  Any help will be appreciated.

Anqing