[vtkusers] vtkPropPicker not picking

Edi edi at jasmine.med.upatras.gr
Sun Aug 6 12:11:59 EDT 2000

 I'm trying to pick a 2D actor using a vtkPropPicker, using the
"standard"  code . Aldo the rendere used for picking has a BIG scalar
bar and a sphere, the picker returns always nothing.
 I tried also the tcl examples containing vtkPropPicker , and also
there, it seems like the picker doesn't work.

  Is there anything left or something that must be initialised ? Is
there any other solution ?

Thank you in advance

Edi

vtkPropPicker *picker = vtkPropPicker::New();

for ( int i = 0 ; i < 300 ; i++ )  // trying everywhere in the window
  for ( int j = 0 ; j < 300 ; j++ ) {

  picker->PickProp( i,  j, map->GetRenderer() );

  if ( picker->GetPath() != NULL )
        Caption = "Path" ;

  if ( picker->GetProp3D() != NULL )
        Caption = "Prop" ;

  if ( picker->GetActor() != NULL )
        Caption = "Actor" ;

  if ( picker->GetActor2D() != NULL )
        Caption = "Actor2D" ;

  if ( picker->GetPropAssembly() != NULL )
        Caption = "Assembly" ;

  }