[vtkusers] Raw files

John Shalf jshalf at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 4 13:43:41 EDT 2000

Hi,
I think the deafening silence might be because nobody knows for certain what a ".raw" file
is.  It doesn't sound like a standard file format.  It seems to imply that it is a raw binary
file rather than some self-describing file format like NetCDF or HDF.  If that is the case,
then you'd need to know something more about the thing that produced the file.  In this case,
the people who gave you the .raw file would be in the best position to answer that question.

What would you normally view a .raw file with?
What produced the data (a simulation or a some sort of device like an MRI?)

-john