[vtkusers] Glyphs and cutting planes

jnorris at uiuc.edu jnorris at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 3 16:13:49 EDT 2000

Hello all,

In my visualization package, one of the things a user can do is render a
sphere at each point in the dataset (or a subset of them), with the color
and/or radius dependent on the scalar value at that point; I use vtkGlyph3D
to do this.  The user can also use clipping planes; I use a string of
vtkClipPolyData filters to do this.  When one of the spheres is partially
clipped, you can see inside it.  What I'd like to do is to be able to cap
the clipped spheres, but I can't think of a way to do it.  Is it possible?

Thanks,
John
--
John Norris
Center for Simulation of Advanced Rockets
jnorris at uiuc.edu
http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/jnorris