[vtkusers] Vol. rendering & other problems

Sarah Graham sarah at cs.jhu.edu
Thu Aug 3 11:08:53 EDT 2000

> 5. Does vtkImageReader support raw files? (tried to read some bin files but was unsuccessful)

Alvina,

I can't help you with #1-4, but I can tell you what I know about #5.  I
use vtkVolume16Reader to read raw data.  You just need to know the # of
slices (files) in the raw data, the pixel dimensions, and the thickness of
each slice (datafile).  I believe the Medicalx.cxx examples use the
vtkVolume16Reader.  If not, try the vtk book if you have it.

-sarah

Sarah Graham
Johns Hopkins University
sarah at cs.jhu.edu