[vtkusers] Vol. rendering & other problems

Alvina D' Silva mun22 at lycos.com
Thu Aug 3 05:49:56 EDT 2000

Hi all, new user here!
   Saw some of the questions on the list but was unable to track the answer, please excuse me .  Help me out with these problems:

1.    I was trying out the examples  - "Medical*.cxx" which use contour filters .
    These filters as well as marching cubes ask the value range ( 'SetValue' method). While values like
500(skin extraction) & 1150(bone extraction) work fine for the sample images, they do not hold good for all.
Some of my MR images needed values of 30000 for bone extraction !

    Is there no limited value range which will hold good for different sets of images? ( This is essential, since
users will be asked to input this value ). Or is there any other way about this  (without specifying values ) ?

2. Given a set of Images(x-y), what classes do I use & how do I use them to obtain the other coordinate axes( viz x-z & y-z )?

3.   Is there any way I can increase the speed of execution (other than decimate)  ?  I'm on windows NT &
am using VC++.

4. How do I close the openGL window without closing my main window ?

5. Does vtkImageReader support raw files? (tried to read some bin files but was unsuccessful)

Would be grateful if someone could help ,
Alvina

Send your favorite photo with any online greeting!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/americangreetings.rdct