[vtkusers] libVTKPatentedPython error

Mike Renfro renfro at tntech.edu
Wed Aug 2 14:41:59 EDT 2000

This is on a build from today's sources from CVS. I configured with
"./configure --with-mesa --with-tcl --with-shared --with-contrib
--with-patented --with-python", did the make and make install.

The only errors in the make install were that some of the python libs
(vtkTkImageViewerWidget, vtkTkImageWindowWidget, vtkTkRenderWidget) to
be installed hadn't been built. I added each of those entries to the
dependencies for vtkpython{$SHLIB_SUFFIX} and it went through.

After I installed, I tried to run mcubes.py, but it didn't work:

# python mcubes.py
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "mcubes.py", line 10, in ?
    from libVTKPatentedPython import *
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libVTKPatentedPython.so: undefined symbol:
vtkVolumeReader_Typecast__FPvPc

deciHawa.py fails as well with a similar error, and I haven't tried
others that use the patented libraries. Python files that don't use
the patented libraries work fine. Did I do something wrong somewhere?

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro at tntech.edu