[vtkusers] ImportError: cannot import name vtkImageImport

Donna Hanlon donna at v1.wustl.edu
Wed Aug 2 10:15:26 EDT 2000

Hi,

We are trying to port SureFit, an application developed for SGI IRIX6.4
using Python 1.5.2, tcl/tk 8.0, and vtk2.4, to Linux Redhat 6.2.  The
version of vtk2.4 I got from ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/vtk/ did not
include a python subdirectory under the source root (although it did
include python subdirectories under common, patented, etc.).  This
application imports vtkpython, so I ended up copying the python
subdirectory from the vtk3.12 release.  (I tried just building and using
vtk3.12, but the application failed on the first vtk module import.)  My
vtk2.4 seemed to build okay, and my applications are able to find the
built modules.

My application now successfully imports several vtk modules before
vtkImageImportFromArray.py complains "ImportError: cannot import name
vtkImageImport".  The offending line reads "from vtkpython import
vtkImageImport".  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Donna Hanlon
donna at v1.wustl.edu
Phone: 314-747-2150
FAX: 314-747-4370