[vtkusers] vtk on Macintosh OSX

Yves Starreveld ystarrev at julian.uwo.ca
Wed Aug 2 09:15:28 EDT 2000

I would like to gauge level of interest in this...

I have vtk running on OSX DP4. Python wrappers work, no reason tcl wrappers shouldn't.
All the examples in graphics run properly.

This involved a new vtkRenderWindow, vtkRenderWindowInteractor, some ObjC bridge code to interact with the Quartz window manager, a couple of ObjC classes plus some config/makefile tweaking.

At this point it is not much beyond the curiosity stage, but if anyone has DP4 installed on a machine and would like to try it out, please let me know.

DP4 is covered by an Apple NDA, so I am not going to generally release this stuff at this point.

 - Yves

Yves Starreveld
Image Guided Surgery Lab
Robarts Research Institute