vtkHedgeHog questions

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Apr 30 14:25:50 EDT 2000

hi,

    Randall> Also, I'm working with CFD data.  Is there a way in VTK
    Randall> to draw 3D arrows for a vector field?  Hedgehog seems to
    Randall> draw only directionless lines.

	You could use cones or any object that behaves like it.  Here
is a code snippet.

--
vecreader = vtkStructuredGridReader ()
vecreader.SetFileName (file)

cone = vtkConeSource ()
cone.SetResolution (5)
cone.SetHeight (1)
cone.SetRadius (0.25)

cones = vtkGlyph3D ()
cones.SetInput (vecreader.GetOutput ())
cones.SetSource (cone.GetOutput ())
cones.SetScaleFactor (0.02)
cones.SetScaleModeToScaleByVector ()
cones.SetColorModeToColorByVector ()
cones.SetClamping (1)

vectors = vtkPolyDataMapper ()
vectors.SetInput (cones.GetOutput ())

vec_actor = vtkLODActor ()
---

	I use this to visualize 3d structured cfd velocity data.  The
colouring is useful for it helps to differentiate the data.  You could
the vtkThresholdPoints class or the vtkMaskPoints classes to reduce
the number of data points you plot.  Ref. page 202 of the VTK book
(2nd Ed.)

prabhu
"info vtkusers" to the same address.