vtkJava on Solaris

Sathya Krishnamurthy skrishna at cscs.ch
Wed Apr 12 03:34:44 EDT 2000

Hi

I am trying compile vtkJava <nightly_release> on Ultra-10 Solaris 2.7 with
JDK 1.2.2. I get the following error.

/apps/Java-WorkShop/Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_05/bin/javac -d
/local/skrishna/vtk/java ../java/vtk/vtkActor2D.java
../java/vtk/vtkActor2D.java:7: Superclass vtk.vtkProp of class vtk.vtkActor2D not found.
public class vtkActor2D extends vtkProp
                                ^
1 error

Can somebody kindly explain me on this ? Also, I have already set my
user.make to point to proper Java Locations.

Thanks

Sincerely
Sathya

Sathya Krishnamurthy
Research Scientist  , CSCS
Galleria 2 , Via Cantonale
CH - 6928 , Manno Switzerland
Ph: 41-91-6108260 ----- mobile: 41-76-574-0069
The views, opinions and information contained in this message do not
necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of CSCS, nor does
publication of this information imply an endorsement by CSCS.

"info vtkusers" to the same address.