VTK 2.3 errors with gcc 2.95.1 and ftp server is not available

Mike Moran Mike.Moran at ee.ed.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 13:51:45 EDT 1999

Mike Moran wrote:

> Hi. I'm currently trying to compile VTK 2.3 with gcc 2.95.1 (not sure
> which egcs version this equates to). I am getting the following problem
> in "vtkHyperStreamline"

Hi again. I managed to get a hold of VTK 2.4 from another server
(ftp.win.ne.jp) and it seems to have the same problem as 2.3. For now
I'm going to try to build without it, since I'm unlikely to use it,
though I may have problems with other files.

One thing to note, I have found that a lot of the things that were
warnings in gcc 2.7.2.1 are now errors in gcc 2.95.1. If this is a
problem, it can be reduced somewhat by using "-fpermissive".

--
Mike Moran, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, The University of Edinburgh
King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh EH9 3JL
Mike.Moran at ee.ed.ac.uk