Installing VTK on Windows NT 4

Thomas Demachy thomas at mcube.fr
Wed Sep 22 02:54:47 EDT 1999

Hello,

You just got in contact with the "Run-time library dilema" of Windows
program compilation !

As you can see, you have six of those options to choose from. each of these
option will cause a differnet library to be used during the link stage.

The trick is that when you link to external libraries, you usually need to
compile your application with the same options as the libraries where
compiled with ... or you'll have some kind of link error.

Up to now, I did not hav any problems linking with the vtkdll.lib llibrary
with any code generation options, as long as I begin with a "Win32 console
application" project template to begin with. So you can switch to "debug
single-thread".

Now, f you have Visual C++ 6.0 installed on your computer, you *HAVE TO*
have msvcrtd.dll somewhere (usually in the System32 directory of Windows).
If you don't, you should reinstall MSVC6, or even better, download service
pack 3 for MS visual studio. It is the debug version of msvcrt.dll.

Hope this helps

Thomas