Strange link error in v2.4

J. Scott Pendergrass jsp at xontech.com
Mon Sep 20 12:13:44 EDT 1999

<x-flowed>VTK Gurus:

I've just installed version 2.4 on a SG Unix box running IRIX v6.5. I
haven't had any problems with earlier versions of VTK, but now I get the
following linker error. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

        CC vispts.o -L/usr/local/vtk2.4/common -L/usr/local/vtk2.4/graphics
-lVTKGraphics -lVTKCommon  -lm -lgl -lGL -lXext -lXt -lX11 -lXm -o vispts
ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/lib32/libgl.so is not used for resolving any symbol.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "pthread_attr_setscope" -- 1st
referenced by /usr/local/vtk2.4/common/libVTKCommon.a(vtkMultiThreader.o).
         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and
dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "pthread_join" -- 1st referenced by
/usr/local/vtk2.4/common/libVTKCommon.a(vtkMultiThreader.o).
         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and
dsos are loaded.
ld32: INFO 152: Output file removed because of error.
*** Error code 2 (bu21)