examplesPython questions

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 15 09:40:00 EDT 1999

On Sep 15,  1:12pm, Dean N. Williams wrote:
> Subject: examplesPython questions
> Dear Vtk Users:
>
>     Thank you for responding to my earlier question. I am now running
> Vtk 2.4 with Python 1.5.2 on
>     a Red Hat Linux 5.2 machine.

>     headBone.py
>     mcubes.py
>     TestImageMarchingCubes.py
>
>     All return the Python error:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "./TestImageMarchingCubes.py", line 5, in ?
>     from libVTKPatentedPython import *
> ImportError: /data1/vtk2.4/lib/libVTKPatentedPython.so: undefined
> symbol: vtkVolumeReader_Typecast__FPvPc

Did you configure "--with-patented"?  Do you have the patented lib path in
your PYTHONPATH?

>     VisQuad.py
>     VolCutKnee.py
>     VolIntermixProtein.py
>
>     All return a:
>
>     Segmentation fault

Would need more info - like your traceback.  VisQuad works for me (w/ vtk2.3).
Some of the others might suffer from "where's the data" problems:
% VolCutKnee.py
ERROR In vtkSLCReader.cxx, line 125
vtkSLCReader (0x1010cda8): File ../../../vtkdata/vw_knee.slc not found
 --> core dump

--Randy