Interpolation of Textures

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Mon Sep 13 18:04:26 EDT 1999

Hi Sathya,

I don't know of any efficient way to do better than linear-interpolation
in texture maps, but here's an inefficient method:

Put the image through vtkImageReslice, using
reslice SetOutputSpacing 0.25 0.25 0.25
reslice SetInterpolationModeToCubic

to use cubic interpolation to resample the image to 4X detail.  Then
texture map the result.

An even less efficent solution (but providing even better results) is to
fourier-transform the image, pad it to 4X original size, and reverse
fourier-transform.  This provides sinc interpolation.

 - David

--David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group