Is there a way to identify "groups" of cells in a vtk unstructure d grid?

Pieper, Chris cpieper at kcc.com
Thu Sep 9 14:35:59 EDT 1999

I have some finite element analysis (FEA) results (about 30000 points and
20000 cells) -- the components in this model may be identified by their
material -- is there a way to distinguish groups of cells by material?

I plan to get the FEA results into vtk by converting output into a vtk
format file (using unstructured_grid definition) -- in my conversion
program, I have access to more information that I know what to do with in
vtk... so I have some flexibility, including writing separate files for each
grouping of cells.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chris Pieper