probefilter buggy ?

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 8 06:50:07 EDT 1999

Dear all,

[Nighly download from Monday I think]

Very unusual behaviour....
sp is a structuredpoints dataset

vtkProbeFilter *FindAntennaBaseElevation = vtkProbeFilter::New();
  FindAntennaBaseElevation->SetSource(sp);

goes into an endless loop, consumes all the available memory and then GPFs.

Is this how its supposed to behave? I didn't even call update!

It seems to go off into a loop of
tmp = vtkImageToStructuredPoints->GetOutPut()
but sp is a structured points dataset not an imagedata and it recursively
calls itself.

Methinks a seperate path might be required if input is already Str.P and
not imagedata.

Am I wildly off mark or are there some unfinished changes going on ?

John B