vtkStructuredPointsFilter + recent changes

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 7 04:53:04 EDT 1999

>I downloaded the nightly release (8/31/99). I failed to compile two files,
>vtkStructuredPointsFilter.cxx and vtkWin32MappedInteractor.cxx. The first
>one was due to missing vtkFilter.cxx and vtkFilter.h.

vtkStructuredPointsFilter needs to be removed from the distribution, it is
obsolete as it stands and some makefile generators (eg BCBvtkcxxwizard) are
picking up the file by mistake. This causes the compiler to die at the
place mentioned above.

Removing the Filter base classes and making everything derive from sources
is a great move. Much tidier.

Many thanks to the kitware folks for the Interactor changes, the whole
caboodle compiles and runs with no messy hooks or unnecessary code changes
at all (on BCB). I am happy :)

Thanks

John B