vtk on digital unix?

Matt Howlett mhowlett at mania.physics.swin.edu.au
Sat Sep 4 03:10:22 EDT 1999

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Jan Stifter wrote:

> i have the possibility to buy a Digital PW 600au (600Mhz Alpha 21164, 256 Mb
> RAM). these machines usually ship with DEC Unix. could anyone compile vtk on
> DEC Unix? any experiences?

Yep, compiles no probs. Lots of people tend to run linux rather than DEC
Unix, but you'll need dec unix for OpenGL drivers.

> in this machine, there would be the Powerstorm
> 4D60T graphics card. does anyone know, how the performance of these cards
> are?

We have 4D51T's. Haven't actually benchmarked them, but I have a feeling
that they aren't even as fast as the newer TNT or other new cheap cards.
Not sure about 4D60T's.

> many thanks in advance
>
> jan

Matt Howlett.