vtkTubeFilter again !

Stéphane MOREAU moreau at adersa.asso.fr
Wed Oct 27 01:45:04 EDT 1999

 Hi,

I try to use vtkTubeFilter with SetVaryRadiusToVaryRadiusByScalar(), but
it doesn't work.
I look to the example officeTube.tcl, and I try to do the same, but
without any success.
What's wrong with my program :

      vtkFloatScalars scalars = new vtkFloatScalars();
         scalars.InsertNextScalar(1);
         scalars.InsertNextScalar(10);
      vtkLineSource line = new vtkLineSource();
         line.SetResolution(1);
         line.SetPoint1(10,10,10);
         line.SetPoint2(0,0,10);
         line.GetOutput().GetPointData().SetScalars(scalars);
     vtkTubeFilter tube = new vtkTubeFilter();
         tube.SetInput(line.GetOutput());
         tube.SetNumberOfSides(5);
         tube.SetVaryRadiusToVaryRadiusByScalar();
     vtkPolyDataMapper mapper = new vtkPolyDataMapper();
         mapper.SetInput(tube.GetOutput());
         mapper.SetScalarRange(1,10);
     vtkActor actor = new vtkActor();
         actor.SetMapper(mapper);

What I want is a part of cone : a cylinder with different radius on each
extremities
But this example always display a cylinder, with the same radius at the
point 1 and at the point 2 (the beginning and the end of the tube).

Someone can help me ?

Thanks!

--
Stéphane MOREAU