VTK -> WTK (NFF Format)?

Michael Schmitt schmitt at techinfo.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Oct 13 08:08:33 EDT 1999

Hi vtkusers,

I'd like to get my VTK-constructed Model (textured polygons) into a
simulation made with Sense8's WorldToolKit.

I tried some exporters in VTK (Inventor, Wavefront, VRML) and various
conversion tools.
Unfortunately with no success so far, there is no texture any more.

The VRML2-File looks great in CosmoPlayer, but since WTK does not
support VRML2 but only VRML1,
I had to convert it and the texture got lost. The scaling seems also to
be changed.

Is there a more direct and easier way?
Did anyone write a vtkExporter for NFF or has experience in those
things?

Any hints are appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Michael

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schmitt    mailto:schmitt at techinfo.rwth-aachen.de
Department of Technical Computer Science        Phone: +49 241 80-3636
Aachen University of Technology (RWTH)          Fax  : +49 241 8888-308
Ahornstr.55, 52074 Aachen, Germany   http://www.techinfo.rwth-aachen.de