Linux build times, and VTK optimized builds

ytlee ytlee at insync.net
Tue Nov 30 03:26:08 EST 1999

Next, VTK is configured with:
>   ./configure --with-mesa --with-tcl --with-patented --with-shared
>
> and user.make has:
>   USER_CFLAGS =
>   USER_CXXFLAGS =
>
> So, no optimizations are enabled.  If -O or -O2 are specified, it can
> indeed take longer, perhaps 3-4 times longer (2 hours by my estimate) if
> -O2 is specified.

Very interesting switch setting, I will try it now.

One thing I want to say, " I'm not a Linux user, chances are my system is
not at peak level. I followed the cookbook and reported what I got".  With
this thread, I learn quite a lot about Linux and that is very good.  I thank
again for every one.

Lee