save image to file?

John Shalf jshalf at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 29 13:47:01 EST 1999

Hi,
I have an vtk class for doing offscreen rendering on unix.  If the machine
running vtk (not the one displaying) has 3D graphics hardware, then you can
build it to use that hardware using pbuffers.  Otherwise, it will just use Mesa
or OpenGL offscreen pixmaps (entirely software-based rendering).
    http://bach.ncsa.uiuc.edu/VTK/vtkOffScreen

-john