Q: Iconifying a vtkXRenderWindow under XWindows ???

Joey Mukherjee joey at rolaren.space.swri.edu
Wed Nov 24 11:01:40 EST 1999

> I'd greatly appreciate some help from the XWindows guru's amongst us
> on how to iconify and de-iconfify an XWindow in the context of vtk.

> I create a vtk rendering window
>
>     vtkXRenderWindow firstWindow = vtkXRenderWindow::New();

Ok, the problem may be that you are doing it on the render window and not the
interactor window.  Somewhere, you must be creating your interactor
(vtkXRenderWindowInteractor) and that's what you need to be iconifying and
mapping.

Mine is called _iren and I have a

vtkXRenderWindowInteractor *_iren = vtkXRenderWindowInteractor::New ();
Widget w = _iren->GetWidget ();
XIconifyWindow (XtDisplay (w), XtWindow (w), 0);

Hope this helps!

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                     "I am amused by the simplicity    +
+      joey at swri.org                      of this game.  Bring me your     +
+  http://www.space.swri.edu/~joey        finest meats and cheeses."       +