Resizing vtkImageWindow vs. Resizing vtkRenderWindow

Brian Alexander Todd bat5 at po.cwru.edu
Fri Nov 19 15:01:16 EST 1999

I have a question about resizing windows in vtk.  vtkRenderWindow
seems to respond to size events automatically by scaling all
of the actors to the new screen coordinates.  vtkImageWindow does
not.  I assume that this behavior is used because images have
implicit geometry and the window is therefore expected to conform
to the image geometry.

For my application, I would like to implement some default rescaling
of images (the images are subordinate to the window).  I would probably
have the image maximize its dimensions to fill the window while
maintaining the appropriate aspect ratio.  What is the easiest way
to go about this.  It would be best if it could occur at the level
of vtkImageWindow (since I already have a reference to this and
it assumes little), maybe if at the vtkImager level if vtkImageWindow
is not possible, but preferably not at the level of individual image
sources or something.

What is the best way to go about this.

Thanks,
Brian

  \       |   Brian Todd                email: bat5 at po.cwru.edu |       /
   \      |   N.O.B.L.                   home: (216) 791-2407   |      /
    \     |   C.W.R.U.                 office: (216) 368-4209   |     /
    /     |   Cleveland, OH 44106         fax: (216) 368-4969   |     \