vtkByteSwap VTK_WORDS_BIGENDIAN

Pukalo Boyd 810-492-3661 qz3fwd at hqs.mid.gmeds.com
Thu Nov 18 12:34:35 EST 1999

I have been trying to figure out exactly how the VTK_WORDS_BIGENDIAN
variable is defined.
Apparently this is hardware dependant. I am doing something very similar
but was trying to use
a standard portable method to determine the byte order but didnt find
anything. I searched through the other source files for a definition but
found nothing. Can anyone please explain how this works. Thanks.

Boyd Pukalo

qz3fwd at hqs.mid.gmeds.com