Diamond problems?

Giling, Erwin Giling at TPD.TNO.NL
Fri Nov 12 09:33:20 EST 1999

Dear Reinaldo,

The Stealth 3D has a Virge VX chipset, similar to one of my video card's
Virge DX chipset (only RAM differs). This is an old (1997) card which does
not have hardware OpenGL acceleration I believe?

I was talking about the truly hardware accelerated Diamond cards currently
on the market, using a Riva TNT, TNT2, 3dfx (Monster3D) or Savage4 chipset.

Of course you milage may differ: you may be perfectly satisfied with your
Diamond product, even without acceleration! Then just ignore me!

As a side note, the Diamond web site
http://www.diamondmm.com/products/index-graphics.html
lists the Viper V770 as a PROFESSIONAL card, together with the Fire GL
cards! Because of the current problems with the TNT2 OpenGL ICD, we should
therefore expect an ICD update soon! (Yes? Diamond?? ;-) )

All the best,

Erwin