VTK compiling problem with Linux platform

Dingrong Yi yidingr at cim.mcgill.ca
Thu Nov 4 13:41:15 EST 1999

Hi

I followed the  instruction on "Visualization Toolkit Linux HOWTO" to
install VTK. Everything is fine except two:

(1) startx -- -bpp 32
did not give me a graphical window, but no error message either. However,
it seems to me my X server works properly other wise.

(2) gmake give me sucu error message.

TKCommon -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL
/usr/lib/libMesaGL.so
/usr/lib/libtk8.0.so /usr/lib/libtcl8.0.so -ldl -lpthread \
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lXt -lSM -lICE -lX11  -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lGL: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [vtk] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/data1/brain/vtk/tcl'
gmake: *** [build_tcl] Error 2

How could I get the required files ?

Thanks in advance.

Dingrong