Texture mapping image to iso-surface

Jordi Cabot cabot at tele.ucl.ac.be
Thu Jun 17 09:39:10 EDT 1999

Hi vtkUsers

 I'm using vtk for visualization 3D of medical images. After getting tha
brain and scalp
stuff from an MRI and getting the contour etc... , I want to color map a
region of the
 scalp and/or brain using some matlab results. These results are the
electrode (for
example placed in the musculs of the hand) response to EM stimulation of
the brain. We stimulate the brain in points of a grid which we put over
the head of the patient and we get the points with  a 3D digiting system
(it just take the coordinates relative to an emisor placed for example
in the front of the head). Anyway, we obtain a 10x10
matrix colored according to the intensity of the response. With the
CellLocator->IntersectWithLine I get the points in the brain
corresponding to the points where we have stimulated, and what I'd like
to do is, knowing this correspondance between points, texture map the
matrix into the brain.

Right know I'm just putting spheres (glyphs) in teh intersection points
and I color them according to the scalar associated. And since yesterday
I'm trying with vtkClipPolyData to render only the intersection of the
spheres with the brain. The result is a kind of cercle which respects
the rugosities of the brain

 This is texture mapping, what I need, isn't it?

I need help,

jordi