VTK2.3 and vtkScalarBarActor

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Wed Jun 16 15:42:49 EDT 1999

With the scalarbar actor in 2.3 you sepcify the rectangle
in normalized view coordinates that you want the scalar
bar to occupy. The scalar bar picks the largest font so that
it will fit in that rectangle. As the window (or viewport) is
enlarged a larger font will be selected. Same idea when
the window shrinks. If the font selected is too small there
are a couple options.

1) Make your window larger :-) I relaize that may
not be what you want.

2) change the amount of space you are allowing
for the scalar bar. (set Height/Width or Position2)
Changing these values can result in a larger font
being selected.

Right now there isn't an option to say (use this font
even though it will not fit in the rectange specified)

- Hope this helps
- Ken