Use of Tcl 8.1 and/or Tcl extentions such as blt or itcl with vtk

Bennett Phil Phil.Bennett at Tms-Ltd.com
Fri Jun 11 09:27:12 EDT 1999

>Also I was wondering whether anyone had experience of using tcl/tk
>extensions
>such as blt, itcl or plus  with vtk?

Hugo,

I use vtk2.2 + tcl804 + Win95 + blt2.4h + Visual Tcl, without trouble
(except of my own making).
All scripts are launched with bltwish24.exe . I've augmented Stewart Allen's
Visual Tcl to include the vtkTk... widgets (it already includes blt, tix,
and itcl widgetry) -  this reduces my coding error rate for the GUI side of
life and in conjunction with Paul Rajlich's pipeline browser provides an
efficient design environment.

Phil